Home » Posts tagged 'Staunton Democratic Committee' (Page 2)
Tag Archives: Staunton Democratic Committee
The Rural Caucus of the Democratic Party of Virginia will hold its Rural Retreat here in Staunton, Virginia, August 21-23, 2015, at the Stonewall Jackson Inn and Conference Center. Below are links to purchase a ticket ($100), register for workshops, and reserve a room at the hotel.
** RR15 Ticket(s): https://secure.actblue.com/page/rr15
** Workshop Sign Up: http://bit.ly/rr15register
** Hotel Reservation: http://bit.ly/rr15rooms
** Facebook event: http://bit.ly/rr15facebook
** Sponsorship Online: https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/rvd
** Sponsorship Flyer: http://bit.ly/rr15sponsorflyer
* DPVA Chairwoman Susan Swecker
* Dr. William Ferguson ‘Fergie’ Reid
* Sen. Creigh Deeds
* VA AFL-CIO Pres. Doris Crouse-Mays
* DNC Rural Council Co-Founder Deb Kozikowski
* Chair of the DNC Southern Regional Caucus Gilda Cobb-Hunter
* Nationally Known Faith Outreach Expert Burns Strider
Awards breakfast Sunday morning: James S. Turpin Award, Henry W. Tieleman Award, and the Ann Bright Holton Award.
* WHO: you, and anyone else that wants to learn a bit while getting fired up talking with like-minded Dems from not only across Virginia, but from other states too
* WHAT: select from among 12 workshops, 12 interesting and diverse speakers, and the hard part is choosing which ones
* WHEN: Friday, August 21 – Sunday August 23
* WHERE: Staunton, VA at the Stonewall Jackson Hotel & Conference Center
* WHY: for fun, for information, for camaraderie, to share best practices, build friendships, make new ones
* HOW: 1) REGISTER, 2) SELECT workshops, and 3) RESERVE your hotel room
Registration is a flat $100 including meals and workshops (in honor of Dr. Reid and his ’90 for 90′ program Young Dems [YD’s] and seniors may attend for $90).
INFORM, ENERGIZE, EXCITE
We’ll start with Pre-Registration on Friday night followed by a hospitality suite. Registration and Workshops on Saturday with special luncheon speaker Chair of the DNC Southern Regional Caucus Gilda Cobb-Hunter, “The Importance of Rural Outreach in Democratic Victories in the South”. Afternoon Workshops wrap up with a Cocktails and Conversation Reception featuring AFL-CIO President Doris Crouse-Mays. Sunday morning is the big wrap up with our awards breakfast honoring Dr. Reid, with Sen. Creigh Deeds, and featured speaker Burns Strider, Nationally Known Faith Outreach Expert, “Faith and Democratic Politics in Rural America”.
RR15 READY SET GO
Share, Join, Forward, Contribute
* use the hashtag #RR15 (on Twitter and Facebook)
* join the Facebook event and invite your friends: http://bit.ly/rr15facebook
* would you like to be a sponsor – we’ve got room for more, flyer: http://bit.ly/rr15sponsorflyer
Got questions? Take a look at the #RR15 information here first: http://www.RuralVaDems.org/rural-retreat
As we’ve done for the past few years, we will move our meeting in July from the Staunton City Council Chambers to Montgomery Hall Park for a potluck picnic, following by our business meeting. On July 14, 2015, bring a dish to share and your own utensils and meet at a picnic pavilion in Montgomery Hall Park for food at 1800. The business meeting will start at 1900. We’ll meet rain or shine, beneath a covered pavilion. Come to Montgomery Hall and look for your fellow Dems!
When: Sunday, September 13, 2015, 1600 – 1900
Where: White Star Mill (above Mill Street Grill) 1 Mill St., Staunton, VA
Who: Candidates Ellen Arthur and Angela Lynn meet local Democrats from Staunton, Waynesboro, and Augusta County
What: Food and Cash Bar, and good, old-fashioned politicking
How Much: $13.00
This will be an opportunity to meet the “Dynamic Duo” taking on the Republican candidates in the 24th and 25th Virginia House Districts. Save the date and plan on getting to know Ellen and Angela. This will NOT be a committee fundraiser. Any proceeds from the event will be divided and donated to the two candidates.