Get Ready for Super Tuesday!
Come meet representatives from the Clinton and Sanders’ campaigns for a short talk followed by a period for Q & A. Refreshments will be available for purchase. This event is free and open to the public.
It will be held Thursday, February 25, 2016 from 6 to 8 pm at White Star Mill, above Mill Street Grill, in Staunton, Virginia.
It is important that the local Democratic Committees do what we can to assure that voters are well informed about the issues in the 2016 election. All interested persons are invited to attend this event, David Bottenfield, committee chairman.
Contact Kathleen (Katie) Cathey if you have any questions at email@example.com.
Click on the “Upcoming Events” tab for more information.
STAUNTON DEMOCRATIC COMMITTEE TO HOLD BIENNIAL REORGANIZATION MEETING
7 PM, TUESDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2015
This call is pursuant to the Virginia Democratic Party Plan, as amended, including the notification requirements of Section 9.
The Staunton Democratic Committee will hold its biennial reorganization meeting at 7 p.m., Tuesday, December 8, 2015, in the City Council Chambers of Staunton City Hall, 116 West Beverley Street. Its sole purpose is to certify membership in the Committee, and to elect the Committee’s Executive Committee for two-year terms. Nominees for the executive committee must file before December 4, 2015 (see below).
The Rural Caucus of the Democratic Party of Virginia will hold its Rural Retreat here in Staunton, Virginia, August 21-23, 2015, at the Stonewall Jackson Inn and Conference Center. Below are links to purchase a ticket ($100), register for workshops, and reserve a room at the hotel.
** RR15 Ticket(s): https://secure.actblue.com/page/rr15
** Workshop Sign Up: http://bit.ly/rr15register
** Hotel Reservation: http://bit.ly/rr15rooms
** Facebook event: http://bit.ly/rr15facebook
** Sponsorship Online: https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/rvd
** Sponsorship Flyer: http://bit.ly/rr15sponsorflyer
* DPVA Chairwoman Susan Swecker
* Dr. William Ferguson ‘Fergie’ Reid
* Sen. Creigh Deeds
* VA AFL-CIO Pres. Doris Crouse-Mays
* DNC Rural Council Co-Founder Deb Kozikowski
* Chair of the DNC Southern Regional Caucus Gilda Cobb-Hunter
* Nationally Known Faith Outreach Expert Burns Strider
Awards breakfast Sunday morning: James S. Turpin Award, Henry W. Tieleman Award, and the Ann Bright Holton Award.
* WHO: you, and anyone else that wants to learn a bit while getting fired up talking with like-minded Dems from not only across Virginia, but from other states too
* WHAT: select from among 12 workshops, 12 interesting and diverse speakers, and the hard part is choosing which ones
* WHEN: Friday, August 21 – Sunday August 23
* WHERE: Staunton, VA at the Stonewall Jackson Hotel & Conference Center
* WHY: for fun, for information, for camaraderie, to share best practices, build friendships, make new ones
* HOW: 1) REGISTER, 2) SELECT workshops, and 3) RESERVE your hotel room
Registration is a flat $100 including meals and workshops (in honor of Dr. Reid and his ’90 for 90′ program Young Dems [YD’s] and seniors may attend for $90).
INFORM, ENERGIZE, EXCITE
We’ll start with Pre-Registration on Friday night followed by a hospitality suite. Registration and Workshops on Saturday with special luncheon speaker Chair of the DNC Southern Regional Caucus Gilda Cobb-Hunter, “The Importance of Rural Outreach in Democratic Victories in the South”. Afternoon Workshops wrap up with a Cocktails and Conversation Reception featuring AFL-CIO President Doris Crouse-Mays. Sunday morning is the big wrap up with our awards breakfast honoring Dr. Reid, with Sen. Creigh Deeds, and featured speaker Burns Strider, Nationally Known Faith Outreach Expert, “Faith and Democratic Politics in Rural America”.
RR15 READY SET GO
Share, Join, Forward, Contribute
* use the hashtag #RR15 (on Twitter and Facebook)
* join the Facebook event and invite your friends: http://bit.ly/rr15facebook
* would you like to be a sponsor – we’ve got room for more, flyer: http://bit.ly/rr15sponsorflyer
Got questions? Take a look at the #RR15 information here first: http://www.RuralVaDems.org/rural-retreat
The June 2015 joint meeting of the Staunton and Augusta County Democratic Committees will be held Tuesday, June 9, 2015, starting no later than 1915 at the Staunton City Council Chambers in City Hall. Individual committee meetings will be held after the joint meeting adjourns. Please come into City Hall through the police department entrance on Central Avenue and take the elevator UP one floor.
Also please join members from both committees at the Clock Tower Restaurant Happy Hour at 1800, before the meeting. The Clock Tower Restaurant is on Beverley Street, one block east of City Hall.