Staunton Democrats are encouraged to join our compatriots in Harrisonburg for a Labor Day Celebration. You can find all information about time, place, and tickets by clicking HERE.
The Rural Caucus of the Democratic Party of Virginia will hold its Rural Retreat here in Staunton, Virginia, August 21-23, 2015, at the Stonewall Jackson Inn and Conference Center. Below are links to purchase a ticket ($100), register for workshops, and reserve a room at the hotel.
** RR15 Ticket(s): https://secure.actblue.com/page/rr15
** Workshop Sign Up: http://bit.ly/rr15register
** Hotel Reservation: http://bit.ly/rr15rooms
** Facebook event: http://bit.ly/rr15facebook
** Sponsorship Online: https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/rvd
** Sponsorship Flyer: http://bit.ly/rr15sponsorflyer
* DPVA Chairwoman Susan Swecker
* Dr. William Ferguson ‘Fergie’ Reid
* Sen. Creigh Deeds
* VA AFL-CIO Pres. Doris Crouse-Mays
* DNC Rural Council Co-Founder Deb Kozikowski
* Chair of the DNC Southern Regional Caucus Gilda Cobb-Hunter
* Nationally Known Faith Outreach Expert Burns Strider
Awards breakfast Sunday morning: James S. Turpin Award, Henry W. Tieleman Award, and the Ann Bright Holton Award.
* WHO: you, and anyone else that wants to learn a bit while getting fired up talking with like-minded Dems from not only across Virginia, but from other states too
* WHAT: select from among 12 workshops, 12 interesting and diverse speakers, and the hard part is choosing which ones
* WHEN: Friday, August 21 – Sunday August 23
* WHERE: Staunton, VA at the Stonewall Jackson Hotel & Conference Center
* WHY: for fun, for information, for camaraderie, to share best practices, build friendships, make new ones
* HOW: 1) REGISTER, 2) SELECT workshops, and 3) RESERVE your hotel room
Registration is a flat $100 including meals and workshops (in honor of Dr. Reid and his ’90 for 90′ program Young Dems [YD’s] and seniors may attend for $90).
INFORM, ENERGIZE, EXCITE
We’ll start with Pre-Registration on Friday night followed by a hospitality suite. Registration and Workshops on Saturday with special luncheon speaker Chair of the DNC Southern Regional Caucus Gilda Cobb-Hunter, “The Importance of Rural Outreach in Democratic Victories in the South”. Afternoon Workshops wrap up with a Cocktails and Conversation Reception featuring AFL-CIO President Doris Crouse-Mays. Sunday morning is the big wrap up with our awards breakfast honoring Dr. Reid, with Sen. Creigh Deeds, and featured speaker Burns Strider, Nationally Known Faith Outreach Expert, “Faith and Democratic Politics in Rural America”.
RR15 READY SET GO
Share, Join, Forward, Contribute
* use the hashtag #RR15 (on Twitter and Facebook)
* join the Facebook event and invite your friends: http://bit.ly/rr15facebook
* would you like to be a sponsor – we’ve got room for more, flyer: http://bit.ly/rr15sponsorflyer
Got questions? Take a look at the #RR15 information here first: http://www.RuralVaDems.org/rural-retreat
Help us publicize our September 13, 2015, meet the “Dynamic Duo” event by downloading this flyer and having your own copies made.
Here is the flyer as a .pdf: (Click on the link below; click on File; click on Save As; select where you want to save the file; click on Save.)